Home » Posts tagged 'Women of Faith'
Tag Archives: Women of Faith
The last few days I’ve been looking back over the year. At first I thought I hadn’t done anything worth remembering. Since the previous year I gave my husband a kidney, I thought it would be kind of hard to follow that. I had to pull out the calendar to help me remember the past year. This has truly been a year filled with many blessings.
This is my 2013 in a nutshell:
- January ~ I started writing a book & Robert started the Chaplain academy
- February ~ I attended a Women’s Retreat at Bayside Church in Granite Bay
- March ~ I was the speaker for our local MOMSnext group
- April ~ I attended the Revolve Tour with my daughters
- May ~ I became a BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) Group Leader
- June ~ Our oldest daughter graduated High School and we took a family trip to Disneyland
- July ~ I helped teach the songs & dances for VBS (Vacation Bible Study) & went to Reno with Robert, alone
- August ~ We had our annual family trip to Tahoe & I started blogging
- September ~ Robert graduated from the Chaplain academy and my daughter & I walked in the Avon Walk, San Francisco
- October ~ A friend and I volunteered at the Women of Faith, Sacramento
- November ~ Robert and I had another trip, alone, to San Diego
- December ~ it’s been a wonderful relaxing time with family & friends
Many of the things listed above I would never have guessed I would have done this year, or any year. I was always afraid to try new things. I was afraid I wouldn’t do it well, or I would some how or another make someone upset for not doing it the way they thought it should be done. My fear was holding me prisoner. My fear was keeping me from doing the things I wanted to do.
Through prayer, I turned all my fears, and desires, to God. I continue to do this regularly too. I make sure God knows my desires and my fears behind them. This way, when an opportunity or situation comes my way, I believe it’s from God. I have faith God will be there with me.
The past few summers I thought the person jumping up and down to the VBS music, teaching the kids the dance moves was the luckiest person there. It looked so fun and I wished I could do it. So when I had the opportunity to help with it last summer I couldn’t say no. I have to tell you, I cannot sing and I do not pick up on dance moves quickly, but I sure did have fun! I’m looking forward to doing it again next year too!
Every week the Pastor of our church recites John 15:5 ‘I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.’
I love hearing this each week. It reminds me God doesn’t expect, or want, me to do anything without Him. He wants to be a part of every detail of our life & everything, anything, is possible with God.
So I encourage you. No…..I double dog dare you! Spend some time with God, telling Him your desires and fears. Maybe even write them down. Then pay attention, because next year is going to be an amazing year with God by your side!
My prayer for us today ~ Lord, I thank you for the Holy Spirit which dwells within us. I pray you reveal to each of us your will for the coming year. I pray we each take more quiet time to hear your will and act quickly when we do, Amen